Today Pete and I went to Rockwood to help finish the "Cabin" (playhouse). It has been a project for quite some time now. Mom, Pete and I went to Lowe's for Grannie to buy the supplies somewhat early this morning. Pete and Daddy worked on the cabin while Mom and I picked out wedding pictures. They built rails on the front porch, framed the windows, put up a mailbox, built steps and lined up the front door to make it funtion better. All that we need to do now is paint. We are going to paint the inside a neutral color and Mom ordered chalk board paint today for one of the walls. We also have to paint the framing around the windows and the front of the cabin. Pops bought a futon for it, so hopefully there will be many sleep overs and they have miniature chairs that will look adorable on the front porch. It is ready for lots of kids! SPOILED, SPOILED, SPOILED. Connor, Kaitlyn, Paisley and Jacalyn will love it (as well as future granchildren)!
Now, question is.... Where was Brad and my "CABIN"? We had a 2x4 wedged between two tree limbs to sit on. I can remember Brad and myself doing this when Daddy would have extra wood. It worked... but man, it would have been nice to have a whole house! Ha ha. I am very happy though that the grandkids get one at Grannie and Pops because we won't have to have one! :) Enjoy the pictures!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
SPOILED AT GRANNIE AND POPS!
Posted by Mr. and Mrs. Reckard at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The pictures are great! I'm thinking that the parents of my grands will probably get to spend some nights in the cabin too. Remember how spooky it is at midnight at the lake??? Thank you to you and Pete for all the work in the hot weather!
Oh wow! It looks great. So different from the last time I saw it. I cant wait for Connor to see it, he is going to LOVE it! Thanks for all of your hard work. I wish we could have helped since my son will directly benefit from it. Pete and Pops did a great job!
Post a Comment