Back at Mom and Dad's, while we are hard at work is Mr. Cadillac (Daddy calls him Barney). As you can tell he is not the most energetic thing in the world!
This weekend was very busy, but Mom came to rescue me for a little bit. She and I picked blackberries and enjoyed nature. We often times take the small things for granted, but we took a little bit to spend time in the woods! Mom was an avid girlscout and was raised on a farm so she is continually telling us the names of trees, bushes, and flowers! While she and I were out I learned a few things... What holly berries look like in person, what milk weed was and what it looked like (they are very pretty), and what a paw paw is. All of my life we have sung the little song... Picking up PAW PAW'S, puttin 'em in a basket. I had not a clue what I was singing about! Now I do! My favorite girlscout showed me one (upper right picture). So I am slowly learning this stuff!
Mom took all of the blackberries we picked and made a cobbler... It was EXCELLENT! Country girls at our best, ha ha. Thanks Mom! You are too good to us.

2 comments:
I love the blog! She did good on yours! It sounds like you all had a great weekend! Your Mom is all too wise about that stuff... I bet the cobbler was good! Have fun on the trip!!!
Yippee, glad you have joined us! :)
Post a Comment