Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WE ARE....

ENGAGED!!! I am up now posting a blog because I have been up since 3:59am and I am not sure what time I fell asleep. I am so excited. So here is the story!
OK, So... Evidently this was all supposed to happen this last weekend in Helen. Pete bought the ring but was able to save on taxes by having it shipped to PA to his parents (smart, very smart). Then their job was to turn around and ship it to Pete at work. Well his parents did it perfectly, but it still did not make it to Pete before we left for GA. I can't even begin to imagine how upset he was! Anyway, I came home from work yesterday a little before he arrived and found a flower arrangement on the front porch. The card on it said "The Reckard's". Often times people will do this just to make it easier than saying both of our names. I get the card and attempt to open it and notice that the seal on the back was Kimball's Jewelers. I have been asking for a tennis bracelet so was sure he had bought me one! I called him before opening the card and told him about the flowers. He sighed (in what I know now as aggravation) and said don't open it. I had a hair appointment at 5:30pm so I left and went on my merry way. Many things were running through my head including a ring! I definitely had myself convinced though that it was not and if it were, I for sure never thought I would get it yesterday!
I got my hair done and came on home where I thought he had just went and got take out for dinner and it was going to be a nice calm evening.
I arrived at my house to find our little guy "Cadillac" greeting me at the door. He was wagging his tail as hard as ever. When I walked in there were candles lit EVERYWHERE, the fire was lit and the lights were off. Pete said the first thing I said was "good grief"! Then I noticed Pete! He was dressed from head to toe and the last time I saw him he was wearing jeans and a polo with pizza stains on his shirt! Still had no clue because he had been acting very strange for the last few weeks. So he stops me in the middle of our living room, in front of the fire place and ASKED! I will leave out all of the mushy stuff... Of course, I cried and said YES!!! He had a bottle of Dom Perignon and the table set up very nice for dinner! He then asked me if I wanted my "gourmet" dinner and I said sure. He opens the oven and pulls out.... Take out from Gondolier. It was great. We are very goofy sometimes and this fit! We both laughed extremely hard about the take out!
Wow! I am so excited. What a shock! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you Pete!!! I love you with all of my heart!
I hope everyone enjoys the pics. The are not the best because I was so nervous!
We will add more soon. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Oh by the way he also was playing music in the background from the tv, that is why there is a blanket over it! That really had me confused...




Photobucket

14 comments:

The Rue Family said...

Yay that is awesome! Congratulations!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Alicia said...

Congratulations!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Tara said...

As you know we are all extremely THRILLED about Pete joining our family "officially"! I knew he was "the one" a long time ago and have been waiting and waiting... Yahoo! We are so excited for you guys! Especially Connor because Pete is his buddy! Have a safe trip! Cant wait to see the BIG rock next week!

Unknown said...

Wow that is great, Congratulations!!!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you all! Your ring is beautiful...he did a great job!

GrannieT said...

The ring is truly beautiful! Keeping the secret for 5 whole days was tough. I didn't even tell your brother! Love you both, have a safe trip, see you soon. Mom

Katie said...

WOOHOO! I know you both are so excited! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

yah!!!! how exciting... congrats, great job pete!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Amanda and Pete! We are so happy for you :) And I definitely approve ha!!!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Congrats Amanda!!! The ring is beautiful!

Nikki said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. I know how excited you must be. I wish you both the best!

Heather said...

Aw I am sad I am down here now, feel like I am missing out!! Congratulations. I just got back to email access and read the news. I will call you as soon as I get back to get all the details. The ring looks gorgeous!! Talk soon, love heather

The Davis Family said...

Yayyyyyyy! I love engagement stories! Your ring is beautiful...do you keep looking at it? I use to wake up in the night and make sure it was still there, ha! I'm so happy for you!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

YAY! I am soooo excited for you! I know the two of you are so happy! I love the ring...it is beautiful! I loved the story of how he proposed, so sweet! I remember almost driving off the road several times admiring my ring after we got engaged. It is hard not to just stare at it all the time! Congratulations!